Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Book Review: A Sane Woman's Guide to Raising a Large Family

Title: A Sane Woman's Guide to Raising a Large Family
Author: Mary Ostyn
Published: 2009

Right away, the title of this book drew me in. There are lots of days when I feel down right crazy for having as many kids as I do and feel like there is no way I am going to survive one more day. It was very comforting to pick up a book, read about someone with a similar life, and know that they are going through it all as well. The author has 10 kids! Having a big family is something that Jason and I feel God has called us to do, but that does not always mean that it is easy!

This book is written in a very straight forward and entertaining way. I found myself anxious turning the pages to see what other tips and anecdotes Mary had to offer. She talks about things from saving money on clothes and food to how to take vacations for less money. She also talks about managing different school options as well as fostering sibling relationships, and ways to make each child feel special. Basically any questions or concerns I have about having a big family are addressed in this book. I find myself flipping through it often.

I highly recommend this book for anyone who currently has a large family or is planning on one in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heidi,
    Coming over from MBC to check out your blog:) Looks great!

    http://giveawaygal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete