Sunday, August 1, 2010

Homemade Granola Bars

For a while now I have been wanting to start making our own granola bars. Not only is it cheaper, but I just like making things homemade. I kind of just made this recipe up using bits and pieces of other recipes I saw online. The great thing about it is that you can tweak it however you want and make it work for what you like and what you have on hand! I am going to start making a huge batch of these every Sunday so we can have them to munch on all week. Here is what you will need:



* In a mixer, combine: 1/2 c packed brown sugar, 1/3 c peanut butter, 1/4 c corn syrup, 1/4 c melted butter, and 1 tsp vanilla.

* Beat until smooth

* Add in 2 c quick oats and mix until blended

* Add in 1 c crispy rice cereal and mix until blended

* Fold in some craisins (I didn't really measure, I just dumped! I used about half of the bag shown)

* It will look like this:


* Preheat your oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 baking pan

* Press the mixture into the pan

* Be sure and press it down very firmly and evenly to the edge of the pan



* Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly brown

* Remove from oven and let cool completely

* Cut into bars as desired









No comments:

Post a Comment