Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday Morning Blueberry Muffins

Last night Jason asked me if I had a good recipe for blueberry muffins because he thought they sounded good! I told him I didn't, but I could find one! So, I searched the net and got some ideas and kind of smushed together several recipes and used what I had. Here is what I came up with:

*Preheat your oven to 400 and grease some muffin tins

*In a large bowl dump: 1 1/2 c flour, 3/4 c sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, and 2 tsp baking powder
* In a 1 c measuring cup add 1/3 c oil and 1 egg
*Fill up the measuring cup just past the 1c mark with buttermilk and mix
*Mix this into your dry ingredients just until blended

*Add 1 c blueberries. I used some of my freeze dried ones that I ordered from Just Tomatoes (you TOTALLY need to check out that website! Their stuff is yummy! http://www.justtomatoes.com/ )

* Spoon batter into muffin tins about 3/4 full

*To make your topping mix 1/2 c sugar, 1/3 c flour, 1/4 c butter, and 2 tsp cinnamon together in a small bowl. Then place a small amount of topping on each muffin

*Bake muffins for about 18-20 minutes and let cool before eating because that topping is very hot! These are super good with milk and super duper good with coffee :)








No comments:

Post a Comment