This is one of my favorite blogs! The Mothering Blog. If you are of the crunchy persuasion you will surely enjoy it. Check them out!
All Things Mothering
Sunday, August 1, 2010
For a while now I have been wanting to start making our own granola bars. Not only is it cheaper, but I just like making things homemade. I kind of just made this recipe up using bits and pieces of other recipes I saw online. The great thing about it is that you can tweak it however you want and make it work for what you like and what you have on hand! I am going to start making a huge batch of these every Sunday so we can have them to munch on all week. Here is what you will need:
* In a mixer, combine: 1/2 c packed brown sugar, 1/3 c peanut butter, 1/4 c corn syrup, 1/4 c melted butter, and 1 tsp vanilla.
* Beat until smooth
* Add in 2 c quick oats and mix until blended
* Add in 1 c crispy rice cereal and mix until blended
* Fold in some craisins (I didn't really measure, I just dumped! I used about half of the bag shown)
* It will look like this:
* Preheat your oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 baking pan
* Press the mixture into the pan
* Be sure and press it down very firmly and evenly to the edge of the pan
* Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly brown
* Remove from oven and let cool completely
* Cut into bars as desired