Now here is the REALLY technical part. I hope you can follow! I held the curtain up to me to kind of see where I wanted the tie and neckline to fall and then I cut it. Whew! Did you make it through that part? I also made a pocket with some ribbon on it, but in the end I decided to go another direction and didn't use it. Oh well, maybe next time. So here is what my cut out apron looked like. My youngest son, Sawyer, was being a BIG helper :)
Now all I did was sew up all the rough edges. The bottom of the curtain is the bottom of the apron and it already has some cute, red, ric-rac on it so that saved me some time. I sewed a couple little pleats in it as well and I ended up liking how that looked better than adding the pocket. I then cut 2 pieces if ribbon for the ties and sewed them on. I draped some ribbon around my neck to see what length I would need the part that goes around my neck to be and then sewed it on. Really it was just that easy! I am pretty happy with how it turned it. I love that it matches my kitchen. And I REALLY love that I didn't spend $60 on it!